Monday, August 28, 2006

A BIG Day for My LITTLE Girl!

It's so hard to believe that Allison started Kindergarten today! She did beautifully. I cried a good part of the day. She was so ready to go and wasn't the least bit hesitant. I second guessed our decision to send her. Since she just turned 5 in July, we could have waited another year. Intellectually though, we couldn't wait another year. Socially, I'm concerned. She's a totally independent little girl and has no problem doing her own thing by herself. She is very outgoing and friendly. She is secure in who she is and what she can do. She has no fear and is willing to do anything. However, she is sensitive and doesn't understand when another child doesn't treat her well. She is nice to everyone and expects the same in return. I pray that school doesn't change my little girl but enhances the wonderful little girl that I sent to them. If you pray, please say a little prayer for us and if you don't please send up a wish that we made the correct decision by sending her now.

Now, about her day:
1. The backpack is so big on her and I bought a smaller one because she is tiny! We were standing outside this morning and all of a sudden she lost her balance and fell backwards from the weight of her lunch and school supplies! LOL....we couldn't resist and giggled with her.
2. After putting her on the bus, we went to the school/church for the opening Chapel and to take a photo of her getting off the bus at school. She jumped right off the bus and instead of following the other kids into the school, she came over to me with her backpack open. I asked her why it was open and she said "Because I wanted to see what was inside." It never dawned on me to show her or tell her not to open it on the bus! Thankfully, nothing fell out but it made me realize that I can't possibly prepare her for everything in life...and I thought I could at least handle Kindergarten!
3. When we attended Chapel, we realized, as we watched Allison sit with her class, that she is the smallest kid in the whole school!
4. When she got off the bus, I asked her if school was good and she said "Yes, and I didn't even throw up!" After some probing, apparently a little girl on her bus did!
5. I asked her what she learned and she told me "Not to sneak up on the bus driver because he could wreck the bus?" Hmm, words to live by!
6. I asked her how her day was and she said "I had a PERFECT day!" That is EXACTLY what I need to hear!
7. She didn't eat her lunch! She had about 6 combos, 3 carrot sticks and 1/2 a cookie. I wish more of her lunch was gone but she said she ate all she could. I told her that I was taking her out for an ice cream sundae to celebrate her first day of school but she said she wanted to eat her lunch from school first! What a kid!
8. We asked her if she made any friends and she said that she met all the kids in her class but she didn't know who to make friends with. It was as if she was waiting for our approval. We told her to make friends with everyone! She did say that she talked to a girl in her class named Sarah and she was really nice. She also rides Allison's bus and I believe she lives about 2 minutes from us. Sounds like the beginning of her first friendship!

I think that's all I can think of for now!

Have Fun!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
Les Brown
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails