Saturday, October 28, 2006

My New Toy!

:::UPDATE::: A couple of questions were left on this entry about the Seal a Meal being discontinued by Target and whether or not I would be able to still get the bags. The answer is yes, they will still be carrying the bags and they are not discontinuing the Seal a Meal appliance. The new models are all ready in the store and the only difference it the "suck" and "seal" buttons look different. By the way, if when leaving a comment, you could sign your name so I know who you are, that would be awesome!

I have always wanted one of these but have never wanted to spend the money on myself. I was thinking about putting it on my Christmas wish list but now I don't have to! I played hooky from work on Thursday and headed over to Target for some T.P. and other things. Oh, by the way, my boss was cool with my playing hooky. I just told her that I needed a mental health day and that I wasn't going to be in. Since work has been driving us both crazy lately, she just said that she was jealous that I got to stay home and that she would see me tomorrow. Anyway, while at Target, they were marking down all sorts of appliances and putting them on the endcaps. I saw this right away and had to blink when I looked at the red sticker. It says $9.98! YES, you read that right! $9.98! They had 2 and I scooped them both up and put them in my cart. I think I may even have been hyperventilating a little since I rarely get a deal this good! A friend of mine at work and I were just talking about it a couple of weeks ago. I took hers in to her on Friday and she was just as excited as I was!
This picture is my first use of my new toy. I make my lasagna and lasagna casserole with half ground beef and half bulk sausage. I only use a pound of meat in my dishes but I end up with two pounds when I brown off the meats. I usually put it in a freezer bag and smash all the air out of it but it still gets little ice crystals on it since my fridge is a bit old and doesn't seal as well as it should. My new toy sucked all of the air out of it and sealed it with no problem. It is awesome! I can't wait to do more! My mind is racing just thinking of everything I can do with it! This little machine is going to save me time and money. I can make a big batch of meatballs and freeze them in family portions. I can do taco meat ahead of time and all I'll have to do is boil the bag in water for dinner. I can cook off chicken for soups and stews. I can freeze leftovers so if I am going to be late from work all Curtis will have to do is either boil it or microwave it for himself and Allison. Hmm, I get the rotisserie chicken at Sam's Club once in a while and the extra chicken is awesome in chicken noodle soup. This will be perfect for freezing those leftovers. Have I made you think that you can not live without one? I buy my chicken and pork chops from Market Day and they already come in cryovaced but you can buy bulk chicken and such and freeze them in family portions. The possibilities are endless! Oh yum, I just thought of another one...fresh corn on the cob from my Dad's garden in the Summer! Okay, I think I've rambled on enough about this machine! If you have any other ideas, please let me know! I am always up for suggestions that will make my life easier and put good healthy dinners on the table faster!

Have Fun!


"A penny saved is a dollar earned."
B. Franklin
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question-what do you use to freeze it in? Like the bags or whatever....if Target is discontinuing th emachine, will you still be able to find the "supplies"?
Neat toy!

Anonymous said...

With it being discontinued, will you still be able to buy the bags to use with?
Looks like fun. :) Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails