Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

I know it's been forever since I've last posted. Curtis told me about a week ago that I needed to update my blog. I guess my blog does get read by someone other than me. Anyway, for those of you that really know me, probably already know that not posting on my blog isn't because I've had a lack of things to say. I usually always have something to say! :) It's just been a very crazy month and I really haven't had time or the energy to sit at the computer and recap the day. I just kept on going and figured I would post "tomorrow." Well I guess my tomorrow is today.

So, Happy St. Valentine's Day to all of you out in blogland! How is it where you are? Pittsburgh and it's surrounding 14 counties including us up here in Butler are under severe weather warnings. We have been since Monday evening and it is yucky outside! School was cancelled yesterday and of course today. Yesterday I took Allison to work with me, worked a half day and then it took us forever to get home. The roads were AWFUL! Fortunately I am off on Wednesdays so Allison and I are having a Mommy & Me day. I am glad that I had the good sense to stop at Giant Eagle on our way home yesterday and did some speed shopping. I didn't have my grocery list with me so I forgot some things and I also didn't have my coupons with me so I spent about $40 more but we are safe in our warm home today and that is all that matters. As of right now, there have been 741 closing or delays reported to our local news channel. This includes schools, colleges, meals on wheels, meetings, humane societies, gyms, community centers, Salvation Army, libraries, shopping malls, museums, government offices, churches, performing arts centers and more. The list just goes on and on! The "T" is not running in Pittsburgh along with some buses. The Northbound lanes of I-79 are closed which is what I travel so I am glad that I am at home today! It wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't snow ALL day yesterday and then turned to sleet in the evening. When Curtis was walking out this morning to scrape the ice off of his car, his feet was crunching through the snow that was on top of the ice that was on top of the snow. Here is a pic of this morning at 7ish. Notice the mound of snow to the left of his car. That snow is just from yesterday morning until about 3:00 in the afternoon.

So, any big plans for St. Valentine's Day? Allison and I are going to make treats for her class party that I am guessing they will have tomorrow if they go to school. I'll post a pic later when we have them completed.
Since we are stuck in the house today, I thought I would make it fun for Allison so for starters I made her this Valentine's Day breakfast. I used my Wilton heart shaped cookie cutter. The pink heart plate and heart acrylic glass are from Target. I picked them up on sale a couple of weeks ago. Everything was a big hit. She ate the whole thing. Hmm, maybe I should make all of her food heart shaped!

Here are the cards Allison received for Valentine's Day. Do you see a pattern here? You wouldn't be able to tell she likes kitties by the front of these cards, would you? Speaking of kitties, we may be getting a kitten at the end of the school year. I am not sure I am ready for another one but I can't see denying Allison of a childhood pet. She has been asking for one for a while now and we told her that if she continues to bring good progress reports home, then she can have one. I guess I am kind of excited to get another one but to be honest, no cat is ever going to replace my Pooki. He was the best cat ever. Even my Mom grew to love him and let him sit on the couch by her while she petted him and she is not a cat person or a pet in the house kind of person. He definitely was a special little buddy.

One more picture and then I have to go. This picture was taken on Monday night when I came home from work. Please excuse Allison's wild woman hair. Curtis had gotten her all ready for bed and let her stay up until I got home so I could see her open the box my Mom and Dad had sent her for St. Valentine's Day. She has the wildest curliest hair until I tame it with a little mousse.
Have Fun!


"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."


~Author Unknown


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails