Friday, February 16, 2007

A School Closing, A Recipe & A WOW!

Allison's school had a 2 hour delay on Thursday. Since the school was closed the previous 2 days, I felt more comfortable in taking her than sending her on a bus with no seat belts. The roads were not all that great so I am glad that I did. Well when we walked into the classroom, her teacher, Mrs. Robinson, informed us that school had been cancelled...sort of. See we live in the Butler School District but since Allison's school is in the South Butler School District, we follow the closing or delays for that school district since they run our busses. At the time that I left our home, both schools had a 2 hour delay. Well, after South Butler took the high school students, they decided that the roads were too dangerous to bus the elementary...so they closed the elementary....at 10:08! Who would have thought to check the television or radio at that time. I was outside cleaning my car off so we could leave at 10:20. Nice! Huh? Mrs. Robinson said that the teachers were staying and the school was open but with less than half the class there, all they would do is play. I had planned on coming back and picking Allison up after school so Allison and I decided to leave and surprise Daddy by taking him out to lunch. I do have to admit, that I stood in the classroom and for a split second thought about leaving her there to play and have some much needed Mommy time but I just couldn't do it. We ended up having a good day together and so I am glad my gut instict kicked in and I took her with me.

Our church has a fish fry every Friday during Lent. It actually starts this Friday and ends the Friday before Good Friday. I have signed up to bake a cake every week for the seven weeks of the Fish Fry. I thought I would share them here every week and post the recipe. This week's is Blueberry Squares. This one will probably be a repeat since you can use any kind of fruit in it and it's easy to make. The original recipe is from my Aunt Carole and is for cherry but I had blueberry on hand so that is what I made.


"Blueberry Squares"

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup butter or margarine

4 eggs

2 cups flour

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 can of blueberry pie filling (or any kind)

~Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.

~Add eggs, one at a time.

~Add flour and vanilla and beat well.

~Pour batter in a well greased 9 x 13 pan.

~Mark 20 squares.

~Pour on tablespoon of pie filling in each square.

~Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

~Dust with powdered sugar. (Cinnamon & Sugar on Apple.)


And now for the WOW! Grey's Anatomy! WOW! All I can say is that I can't wait for next Thursday night! WOW!

Have Fun!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails