Wednesday, March 28, 2007

THE BLOG HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED IN 14 DAYS........YAWWWWWNNNNNNNNN!!!

My title is courtesy of Curtis. He emailed me this last week and I had every intention of updating it then but you know...life just got in the way. So here I am 21 days later with lots to report and lots of pictures to share. You might want to go get a refill on your coffee or Pepsi before you start reading. I would promise to keep it brief but if you know me, you know that is not possible!

First I want to thank all of you who read my blog. When I started this thing my intention was to document the happenings in my life. I soon found out that I enjoyed writing and updating my blog. My only wish is that I could do it every day. I just don't have the energy. I wish I did. I fall asleep much to easily in the evenings and then when I get up early in the morning, I try to get housework and laundry done while I have that morning burst of energy. This is my 95th post. As with most bloggers, I'll have to figure out something special to do for my 100th post. A way to celebrate it with all of you. A little thank you for being there out in cyberspace to let me get out the clutter in my head.

Cakes. These are the last 3 cakes that I made for our church's fish dinner. This first one is called as "Better Than Sex" cake but I changed the name to "Better Than Love" cake for the church.

"Better Than Sex Cake"

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix (I use Devil's Food)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
1 small container of Cool Whip
Heath candy bars (I use one pack of 6) or Butterfinger candy bars
Directions:
~Bake cake as package directions in a 9 x 13 pan.
~As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, use the handle from a wooden spoon and poke holes all over the cake.
~Pour the can of condensed milk and the caramel ice cream topping over the cake. The cake will absorb both.
~Cover with foil and put in the refrigerator overnight. It must sit at least for 4 hours.
~When ready to serve, frost the cake with cool whip and chop the candy bars into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the cake.

This next one I had a little help from Mr. Hines (Duncan) and the Pillsbury Dough BOY! I used a box of spice cake mix and then I added 3/4 cup of raisins to the batter before pouring it into the pan. I used already prepared cream cheese frosting and topped the whole cake with crushed walnuts. Very easy and just added a little extra to make it my own.

Okay, this one was really cheating!!!!! Things have been really crazy and making a cake just slipped my mind...until the morning of the fish dinner. I looked in my pantry and had these so I went with it. EASY PEASY but so festive since it was a beautiful day last Friday! It must have been a hit because there was none left by the time we got to the dinner!

I have this huge chicken wire basket on top of my bookcase/wall unit. I love the basket but I always felt it needed something. At Christmas time, I put the the presents that Allison bought for all of us from the Santa workshop at school in the basket. I loved the way it looked but I really don't think having wrapped presents in there all the time is my answer. After a long search I found these willow balls at Pier One. I love them! They are just the filler I needed. If you are looking for something a little different, you can check them out online here.

When I became a decorating consultant for Home Interiors and Gifts for this second time, I did it to make some extra money. Other than changing some things around in my home for some variety, there really isn't much decorating that I NEEDED to do. However, there is always some adorable things that I like and just have to have. My latest is Scooter. Scooter the Rooster. Isn't he cute? He is rattan and metal. I had originally thought about spray painting him white and using him in my kitchen but now I am not so sure. I put him here in the living room to take this picture and I kind of like him against my walls. Hmmm, I'll have to give his home some thought! By the way, if you see anything in the Home Interiors line that you don't need but just have to have, please let me know. I would be happy to help and we now ship to anywhere in the United States! You should give our candles a try....they are awesome and the new containers go with any decor. Mmmmm! French Toast. Allison asked for Mom's special French toast for breakfast one morning. I love that she'll always remember that I make a special French Toast just for her. My secret is that I add a few sprinkles of cinnamon and vanilla extract to the egg and milk and then I top it with a few sprinkles of powdered sugar. Isn't it amazing that something so simple makes such great memories for little ones?
Do you see it? It's barely there but it IS there! It's Allison's marigold that she is growing in our kitchen window. She brought it home from school the day she went to Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh. It was supposed to sprout in 5-7 days and I was getting nervous. It was day 7 and nothing! Mom suggested that I cover it with plastic wrap and like magic, this appeared in a couple of hours! Thank goodness for Mothers!

Allison and I went to my parent's house last Saturday to help my Mom with some Easter preparations. Since we missed seeing her on her birthday, we decided to surprise her and bring a cake, flowers and balloons. Allison wanted to get dressed up for the "party" and this is what she picked out. I tried talking her out of the cowboy boots but she wouldn't have it! Doesn't her hair look cute. She's been growing it out so she could put it in a ponytail but since it's not long enough just yet, this is what we ended up with. Cute! Cute! Cute...if I do say so myself!
Here she is helping Ba Ba crack open eggs for the dough for the capeletties for Easter dinner. She is getting so big!
It's that time of year! Curtis took her out bike riding last night while I was at work. I found this on the digital camera. She dressed herself again but I am sure you can tell with the spaghetti strap top. It wasn't quite warm enough for that yet!
One last picture for no other reason but because I think it's funny! Allison took this after she posed Daddy and Uncle Rudy (Curtis' best friend) with a stuffed snake and dragon. Again, I was at work while this took place. I love that they humor her and let her make them the object of her fun....well, now it's our fun...isn't it?
Have Fun! Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails