Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Lessons of Love!

Allison spent some time with Grandma (Curtis' Mom) on Sunday. Grandma is an excellent seamstress and wants to teach Allison. I think it's wonderful! Allison will remember that forever...just as I remember my Aunt Edith teaching me how to crochet. I loved my Aunt Edith dearly and some of my most vivid memories are of our conversations during my lessons. She taught me so many things. Along with teaching me how to crochet, she taught me how to make her pasta sauce, homemade pasta, hamburgers, gardening and more. She passed away when I was five months pregnant with Allison.I am so sorry she never got to meet Allison but I am sure she is up there in heaven watching down on her.

Allison made this fabric picture all by herself...with a little help from Grandma with the actual sewing. Please ignore the crinkles. There isn't any but when I scanned it, they appeared. Anyway, she picked out just the right colors for the grass and the sky and also added the cloud. The man in the picture is God. Yes, God. The design is all her own. She said he doesn't have shoes because he didn't need them. "Jesus didn't have shoes. He walked in his bare feet so why would God need shoes?" I was amazed. We all were. We think she did such a good job.

Have Fun!

"Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent." ~Donald A. Norberg~




Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails