Friday, April 06, 2007

Vintage Easter!





















This is me at 5 years & 4 months old at my Ba Ba's house on Easter Sunday. Just 5 months younger than what Allison is now. You don't see a resemblance, do you?

It's actually amazing that I found this picture of just me. Most of the pictures from my childhood are of me and my sister, Alesia together. Oh, and we are usually in matching dresses. Did your Mother do that too? UGH!!

You know, when I look at this photo, the first thing that comes to mind is "I remember that basket!" And the second thing is "Hmm, it seemed so much BIGGER back then!"

One other thing that I noticed about this photo is that the date, my name and other pertinent information is documented on the back. THIS IS AWESOME! I would have never known how old I was in this photo if it wasn't that my Aunt Stella took the time to write it on the back. Most of my pictures from childhood do not have this info on the back. Mostly because my Mom had 3 kids and probably didn't have the time. There are some that just have the year so that helps but it would be so nice to know when all of them are from. I have to admit that I do not have anything written on the back of all the photos of Allison. I know! Shame on me! I do, however, have them in chronological order in albums. I have doubles of every picture of Allison that I have. One set I keep for scrapbooking and the other set goes into these albums for her. I do this because she may want to do something with them someday and I want her to have an untouched set. I'm actually a little obsessive with this process. If my sister takes pictures of her at a get together or holiday and I have pictures of the same event, I will not put mine in the album until my sister gives me her doubles and I can mix them in with mine so they are chronological. If you are thinking I'm odd, you are right. I guess this obsession comes from not having very many pictures of myself from my childhood. There are some baby pictures of me and then they don't start up again until later. It wasn't until I was 5 months pregnant and my Aunt Edith died did I even see pictures of myself from that time. My Mom found them when they were cleaning out her things. I remember my Mom showing them to me and I just cried. It must have been the hormones. I was so glad to finally have photos from that time in my life so I could compare them with the child I was about to have. They are priceless to me. I guess the lesson learned here is that I need to go back and put dates and other pertinent information on the back of all of the photos that I have for Allison. It's my job to document her history. It will be a big job since I have over 3000 photos of her to date! I better get busy!

Have Fun!

“All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget. In this -- as in other ways -- they are the opposite of paintings. Paintings record what the painter remembers. Because each one of us forgets different things, a photo more than a painting may change its meaning according to who is looking at it.”
~John Berger

Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture Cindi,does Allison think she has a twin. I really enjoy the pictures and reading your blog, you do a great job, glad to see Allison lost two front teeth I think Maria lost one top and than bottom. HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU.

Kim said...

Aahh. You are a true scrapbooker at heart with all your copies! I have hardly any pictures of me when I was younger so I know how important those pictures are.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome picture, Cindi. I love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails