Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dinner and A Movie!

I received an email at work on Tuesday from Curtis. The subject line was "Formal Invitation." It said I was invited to Dinner and a Movie with him and Allison on Wednesday night. He would make the dinner and pick the movie and all I had to do was R.S.V.P. Well, heck ya! I am up for a family night where I don't have to do anything! Don't get me wrong, I like cooking for my famiy. Sometimes it's just hard to find the engergy after working all day and then driving home an hour. This was a very sweet thing for him to do and I looked forward to it all day!

Curtis did his prep work the night before so we would have time to watch the whole movie before Allison had to go to bed. He made stuffed shells, mixed vegetables and Texas garlic toast. YUMMY! It was awesome! He even packed me leftovers for lunch today at work. So sweet! It's usually me that packs him leftovers. I loved getting a break from the dinner responsibilities! Thank you Honey!!!!

The movie Curtis picked was Disney's Mighty Joe Young. Adorable! It is rated PG so I had my reservations but Allison loved it. I did cover her eyes one time because it showed something I didn't want her to see. It was only for about 3 seconds. If you haven't seen this movie, I suggest you rent it. I teared up 12 minutes into it and cried like a baby at the end. It kept all of our attention the whole 114 minutes. It's a must see!

Have Fun! Pin It

1 comment:

Kim said...

It's been a long time since I have watched that movie but I know that my kids loved watching it. I meant to comment on your other post, but you will love having a van. I never thought I would drive one but having 4 kids kind of decided that for me. I am on van #2 in 13 years. They are great to travel in. Thanks for the HI catalog. I can't wait to sit down and thorougly go thru it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails