Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Blog Roadblock & Breakfast for a Daddy's Day!

So many times I sat down to blog this week in the early morning and this is what happens! Yes, that is Allison's new kitten, Princess! She goes under the the keyboard tray and climbs on top of the scanner (usually hitting the scan button and turning that on) and then crawls up behind my keyboard. UGH!!! I guess if she would just lay there, it would be fine and I could go along my merry blogging way. BUT NO, then she has to play and frustrate me!
It's kind of hard to type or concentrate when you have this furry little paw with claws trying to attack your finger! When I try to take her down, she'll leave out this really long MEEEEEOOOOOOWWW. She wants me to know that she is not happy with what I just did. Who does she think she is? She may be the Princess Kitty but I am the Queen of this house! She needs to learn to obey my rules! Ya, right! I would like to think that but when I take her down she goes right back to her climbing. If she is not climbing up to the keyboard, she is climbing behind the computer table to play with all of the cords. This goes on for about an hour until one of us gives up! Usually it's me! If I walk away from the computer, so does she. Curtis thinks I don't like her. That is not true. The truth is that I get up between 5-5:30 to have some "me" time before everyone gets up. I like to throw some clothes in the wash, go through the mail, read a magazine, watch the morning news, read my email, catch up on the blogs I like to read, redd up and any other stuff I like to do uninterrupted. SHE disrupts this quiet time for me. I feel like she has stolen my time that I use to "regroup" before the day begins. I know it's only because she is a kitten and she'll most likely grow out of it but for right now....Momma no like it!

Today is Father's Day and Allison wanted to make Daddy breakfast in bed. Okay, she really wanted ME to make him breakfast in bed. She usually is so eager to help but we went to an amusement park yesterday for my sister's company picnic and Miss Allison is one tired little pup today! We were out in the sun for 10 hours and didn't get home until 11:30...way past her bedtime. I thought it was best to let her veg on the couch while I cooked. We go to a local chain restaurant around us named Eat 'n Park and they have a Bananas Foster French Toast that Curtis just loves. I went searching for a similar recipe to make for him today. I found a recipe for Banana Nut French Toast on Martha Stewart's web site. It sounded yummy and looked easy enough so I went for it! OH MY GRACIOUS! It was OH SO GOOD! It also was very rich and we didn't need the optional maple syrup. I used Hawaiian bread and dipped it into the egg and cream mixture since it's not that dense of a bread. Martha instructs you to let it soak for 10 minutes on each side. If I would have done that, it would have been mush. If you decide to make this be careful that the cooking method matches the bread you choose. I also used pecans instead of walnuts and only about a 1/4 of a cup. I wanted the nuts to be a compliment to the bananas not an equal if you know what I mean. Curtis loved it!I served it with Bob Evans sausage links because to him and Allison....there is no other sausage! Allison decorated his card with a heart, a little animal, a rose and a cobra snake which is so Daddy's Allison. My Allison would have stopped with the heart and the rose! The cobra even had "sssssss" coming out of him to simulate the sound a snake would make. Yuk! It's not very original but we got Curtis a gift card to Summit Racing. He appreciates that more than anything so why not give him what he wants. He has been hoarding them and now has a nice amount to spend when he makes the trip to the closest store. I think it's about 1 1/2 hours from here and he is excited to be going there soon with his brother, Bill. I think I'll find a craft show or some yard sales to go to that day!

I gotta run but I may be back with pictures of our day yesterday. I got a new digital camera back in February but I haven't figured how to put the pics on the computer. I'll work on that today and hopefully, I'll have some pics to share.

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there!

Have Fun!

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Princess is such a good little kitten, you shouldnt pick on her! I am serious about my proposal for an "observed" fathers day and mothers day, it would be so worth it for a repeat of Sunday! Your the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails