Saturday, September 15, 2007

A "Fun" Find!

If you have read my blog before, you probably already know that I LOVE Family Fun magazine. If you look over there ------> you'll see I have a link to their website. In fact, it is the only magazine I am renewing each year. I just don't have the time to sit and look at a magazine anymore...but I find the time for Family Fun. It is filled with good idea after good idea to do with your child, children or your family. I just received October's issue yesterday and I already have 6 articles dog eared! The one I want to share with all of you is the one on page 125. It's "The Ultimate Family Cookbook" article. This is something I have always wanted to do. I want to compile all of my favorite recipes along with family recipes in a cookbook. I want to do this for Allison. I think I have mentioned before that my Ba Ba made awesome rolls. I still remember them and it will be 30 years next Spring since she's been gone. Her recipe was never written down or taught to anyone. I think my Mom tried to get it from her once and her measurements were "a handful of this or a handful of that." Okay, WHOSE handful are we talking here? Anyway, my plan was to scrapbook all the recipes I wanted to pass down. Ya right! Let's face it here. I am behind in my scrapbooking and I just can't take on another project. Thank you Family Fun magazine for the answer. This isn't my ideal option for a cookbook for Allison but it is a GREAT alternative. They have joined forces with Smilebox.com to offer three recipe templates...each with three backgrounds. This gives us lots of options! There are even two page options for those long recipes. You also can add pictures and there is a little space in the bottom for a little journaling on anything you want to share about the recipe. I did one and it took me 10 minutes! I can't do a scrapbook page in 10 minutes!!! The one I did is below and I printed it out and it came out awesome! My plan is to take pictures when I make the recipe and then do the page that night. Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll have all of my recipes completed and I'll just need to add new ones as I find them. If you are interested, the site is www.smilebox.com/familyfun .

Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox


Have Fun!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails