Sunday, March 09, 2008

How Can...

one seemingly innocent 6 year old little girl make her bedroom totally unrecognizable?????

I've been busy decluttering, cleaning and organizing Allison's room today. I ran out of time and didn't get everything done before her bedtime. She did say that I could clean around her while she slept but I don't think that's a good idea!

I've decided that I'm labeling everything in her room. I am hoping that it will help her to keep her room clean and organized. I am using my P-Touch Electronic Labeling System. The machine I have is below. Miss Allison helped me make the labels and loved doing it! Even though it took longer with her help, my thought was that she may have more ownership of the organization if she helped. We'll see.

I have a question for all of you Moms out there...What do you do with all the stuffed animals? I had them on three shelves in her room but I took them down. Even though they looked cute, they ended up being dust collectors. So I put them in storage containers and put them on the top shelf in her closet. I wish I could get rid of them all but there are too many memories attached to the ones I've kept after going through them about a year ago. Please help me with a solution!

Have Fun!

Pin It

3 comments:

Benita said...

When you find the answer about stuffed animals, let me know, too, okay? LOL My dd is 17 & STILL has stuffed animals all over her bedroom! She has a 3 tiered cart that she stores a lot of them on & then has some of them all along her bed.

BTW, I tagged you on my blog :)

Kim said...

I'm with Benita on this one. Don't forget the whole entire container of Beanie Babies (I have 3-1 per kid). I've found that getting rid of stuff when Mark is at school helps since he doesn't see what I get rid of. But wouldn't you know, he notices right away? ACK.

Anonymous said...

Cindi, when you find out what to do with stuffed animals let Susan and me know. Steph is 20 and still has the shelves all around her room full of Beanie Babies!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails