Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Rainy Sunday Morning!

It's yucky and been raining here for most of the week. Isn't it supposed to be April showers? Anyway, I'm trying to get motivated here to get started on my weekend chores. I didn't do any yesterday. We had a birthday party to go to. It was quite a party. I'll share that with all of you soon. As for today, I thought I would share some pictures I took this week when Mrs. Sunshine peeped through the rainy clouds.
These are my lilacs and I wish they would BLOOM!!!! All of the other lilacs in the area have already bloomed and are starting to die off. This is a Miss Kim Lilac. It usually blooms about 3 weeks after all of the others. When it does, I'll be sure to share it with you. It is a beautiful soft lavender-pink when it's in full bloom.
This is my azalea. I just love the bright hot pink color of it. It makes me happy!
Violets. They are so beautiful. I remember as a kid picking them from the backyard for my Mom. Allison now picks them out of our yard for me. Nothing brings me as much joy as my daughter with a hand full of fresh picked flowers for me.
This is my neighbor's geranium. She normally gets a red to plant in a pot for the front porch but this year she spiced it up a bit. Hmm, maybe I'll look for variegated pink ones for my flowers this year!
We have a little mushroom family in the corner of the front flower bed. They sprung up by my azaleas. I think I'll let them stay there for a while.
Have Fun!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails