Sunday, June 15, 2008

Making The Best of Kennywood!

My sister's company picnic was yesterday at Kennywood Park. Unfortunately it rained on and off for most of the day. It was supposed to storm but thankfully it didn't. We had planned to take one of Allison's classmates but her Mom called 15 minutes before we left and said they didn't want her to go because of the weather. Allison was very disappointed. My daughter is such a trooper and her disappointment didn't last for more than a few minutes. Once she got in the van and started watching a DVD she was fine and never mentioned it again. If there was thunder and lightning at the park, we were going to leave and then come back after it passed. The weatherman said it would be fine in the afternoon. Thankfully we only had sprinkles and soft rain. Sometimes it came down a little harder but there was no wind so we stayed until about 7 pm. It actually worked out great. The lines were nothing compared to a sunny day. Two of the lines for the water rides which are usually about an hour long were nothing. One was about 7 minutes and there was no wait at the other one. Overall, I would rate it as one of the better visits to Kennywood.
Here are some pics of our fun day for your enjoyment:
Just as we arrived at the pavilion for Alesia to register, it started to rain. We decided to stay there for an hour until lunch was served and then head out for the rides. As you can see by the picture Miss Allison was so excited.

Kenny the kangaroo made an appearance at the picnic and gracefully posed with all of the kids.

Here is Allison and Aunt Alesia on Garfield's Nightmare. It's a boat ride through Garfield's mind and his nightmare. It's all done under a black light with 3-D glasses.

So this pic is so bad but I wanted you to make sure I share the complete ride with you!

You can't go to Kennywood and not ride the Merry-Go-Round!

Of course Allison would pick the pink motorcycle on the Steel City Choppers ride in Kiddieland!

If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you'll remember the post I did on "Some People are Just Born Lucky!" Click on the link to see the post. Well, guess what? YES!!!! Allison won one of the children's door prizes at the picnic AGAIN! This is her third time! It's not like there is only one person in the drawing either. There are hundreds! She won a $25 Toys R Us gift card. She is so excited! I'm telling you, I am taking her to Vegas when she turns 18! Anyone want to come along?

Here she is on the miniature version of the Merry-Go-Round in Kiddieland. It's called Kenny's Karousel.

She braved the Pounce Bounce in Kiddieland by herself. The little girl next to her Mom was scared. My little one was not...of course!

I love the look on her face in this picture. She is so proud!

All my baby wanted to do was ride the Raging Rapids. I had put her off as long as I could and then when I gave in, you would have thought I told her she could have a new kitten! On this ride, you WILL get wet! There is no question about it! Allison loved every second of it. We laughed and screamed the whole time. This picture isn't very clear but I wanted to share with you how afraid I was that she was going to just fly out! Can you see the death grip I have on her? This ride really throws you around.

Here we are just as we got off the ride. We were soaked! Please excuse the running mascara and pulled back hair. I would rather have it pulled back wet than in my face wet!

Since we were already wet, Allison wanted to go on the Log Jammer. Aunt Alesia will go on there because you don't get wet every time and as you can see, she wore a rain poncho. Here they are coming down the final 53 feed chute!

I don't know if you can see it here in her face but my daughter LOVES the water rides! She is definitely my child! I'll take water rides over roller coasters any day!


Here is Miss Allison at the end of the day before we left the park. Her eyes look so funny in this picture. It's as if she's saying "Don't mess with me and my watermelon!"

Have Fun!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails