Saturday, July 05, 2008

Our Fourth in Pictures!

If you are a long time reader of my blog, you already know that we don't do much on the Fourth of July. I actually worked yesterday and then we did our usual family event. We went to watch the fireworks that the Butler Fair puts off. We don't actually go to the fair but we go to a farmer's field way behind the fair to watch. We all park along the road and just sit in lawn chairs or blankets. All of the kids have fun in the field trying to catch fireflies while the parents just relax waiting for the show to start. We've done it since 2001 when I was pregnant with Allison and as simple and low scale as this may be, this is our tradition. Here are some of my favorite pictures from last night.

"Waiting for the show."

Can you believe this is the third year for this shirt??? Come on baby, grow!
I don't know if you can tell, but she lost one of her teeth just before we left for the fireworks. By the way, do you know if you lose a tooth on a holiday, you get the Tooth Fairy Jackpot? I didn't either but the tooth fairy left Allison more than usual!
I tried this pic last year and it didn't come out as well as I would have liked. I like this one's better but you can bet, you'll be seeing a version of the same set-up next year!

Always cuddling with Daddy! That was my spot until I got up to take a picture and she moved right in!
These next several are some of the ones that turned out. It's not that easy taking pictures of fireworks! Thank goodness it's digital and I could just delete all the black sky ones!





The finale!

Have Fun!


Pin It

1 comment:

Benita said...

Wow, you got some great shots of the fireworks! Your little girl is just too cute :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails