Friday, September 19, 2008

Show and Tell Friday, Sept. 19th!

It's Show & Tell Friday! Be sure to stop over at Kelli's to see the other show and tellers!
This week I'm sharing my little donkey planter. It used to be my Ba Ba's (grandmother). As a little girl I remember it sitting on one of the shelves that were above her kitchen window. You know what type of shelves I'm talking about. They were two, I believe, on the end of the cupboards where they stopped for the window above her sink. She used to keep little planters with plants in them on those shelves. I can still see this planter there on those shelves in my mind. It's a warm memory for me. I luckily inherited it and a few other planters after my Aunt Carole passed away. I keep them in my window curio....and as you can see, I apparently don't dust inside it very often. Please ignore the dust on the greenery!
Here is the window curio where I keep it. I've talked about it before on my blog. If you are interested to see what else is in there, you can click here.
Have Fun!
Pin It

12 comments:

Jen said...

That reminds me of something my Grandmother use to have on her table. Almost the same thing. Thanks for sharing.

Hootin Anni said...

This is certainly a family treasure. I love how you have it displayed [and I like the Willow Tree angels too!]

My Show n Tell is something I made for Halloween, if you'd like to stop over and critique it I'd be happy.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very cute. I have something like that that was my mother's. I should dig that out and put a plant in it! I like your window cabinet.

Monique said...

It's so great to have something to remember your loved ones and I love the way you have displayed it.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend !!

Wanita said...

What a sweet planter and a wonderful treasure to remember your grandma. Your curio cabinet is very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

Susan said...

What a special momento from your grandmother and precious memories. I love your window display.
Susan

Anne Fannie said...

Cindi, you have the greatest treasures from your Ba-Ba. They must have precious memories!
Thanks for sharing this Show and Tell Friday!
Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

That very cute!

Manuela

joyh82 said...

Very cute, I love it. I have never seen a window curio cabinet like that.

Missy Wertz said...

What a cute little planter! It is just adorable. I like that window curio as well.

Pamela said...

What a great treasure and lovely memories to go with it.

Rue said...

Hi Cindi :)

Cute display! What a sweet thing for you to have and what a wonderful memory :)

rue

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails