Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby!

Okay. Corny title, I know. I'm sorry but I couldn't resist!
I'm joining Kristen over at "We Are THAT Family" for her blog party of "Works-For-Me Wednesday."

Before I share what works for me, I want to be clear that this is not my original idea. Nope. I blog-thefted it off of several blogs! Quick! Hide me before the blog police come and take me away!

Enough of this silliness! On to my tip!

I have this fear of not being able to keep my sweet Allison's lunch items cold enough. It's not that it keeps me up late at night but I worry. What can I say? I'm a Mom. Isn't it my job to worry?

So. I've had this ice blanket for a couple of years just hanging out in my freezer. Yup. It just sits there until I'm ready to use it. Truth be told, it's only been used once. :( It's a little too big for the insulated lunch bag that I bought for myself so I don't use it.

HOWEVER! Some Mom (because you know it had to be a Mom) out there in blogland, decided to cut the little cubes apart to make mini ice packs! I know! Ingenious! She deserves a Gold Metal...whoever she may be!

Well! I ran right to my freezer and grabbed my scissors, cut some off that too big of an ice blanket and LOOK what I have now!!!! Mini ice cubes!!!

I scored double with this AWESOME idea because now not only do I have mini ice cubes but I have a smaller blanket that fits in my lunch bag for when I go back to work. Oh gosh...that time is coming soon. Please excuse my tears...I'll be fine. Okay. Let's refocus here. The mini ice cubes fit perfectly into the compartments of her new Bento Box. Look at the pic below. One fits perfectly in the smallest box so now my baby will have ice cold grapes or whatever I put in her lunch.

Now that you are done with my tip for "Works-For-Me Wednesday", click on over to Kristen's blog and see what works for hundreds of other Moms!
Have Fun! Pin It

4 comments:

Darlene said...

That is a great idea...thanks for sharing!

~ Regan said...

That is a great idea, I could really use it for our thermal lunch bags (no bigger than your typical brown sack lunch bag) Where did you get this ice blanket?

Jessica said...

LOL! I remember that song!!

Neat idea!


By the way I think this is my first visit to your blog, I am looking for followers at any (or even all) of my blogs so feel free to go on over and say hello and follow my blog(s) and I'll be sure to return the favor!

My family blog: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com (followers link is on the bottom)

My custom design blog (I am currently offering FREE designs for blogs): http://sostylilized.blogspot.com (followers link is on the side)

My photography blog: http://www.jessicaslilmoments.com (followers link is on the side)

Have a blessed rest of the week! :)

Amy said...

Great idea! I'm going to have to look for one of those ice blankets. I'm always in need of small ice packs to keep my daughter's insulin cold, and this looks to be the perfect size. Thanks for sharing this!

I'm sharing the solution for stinky towels in my WFMW post today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails