Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Give My Baby a High Five!

I know it's been a couple of weeks but I'm still here. I've just had a lot on my plate and a lot on my mind. I've been thrown a curve ball of life and I'm just trying to accept it and adjust to it. I'll be fine. I always get through what's been thrown my way because I always try to remember to keep the faith. It's the only thing that keeps me going!

Anyway.

I just had to stop by and brag a little on my baby. Yes, I'm bragging. I'm allowed...it's MY blog!

Allison is in third grade this year. One thing they are doing this year is that they are learning to study at home for big tests. Allison has had trouble embracing this concept. She thinks the reading and study guides they complete in school should be enough. Our first at home study session for Chapter 1 of Social Studies went fine...so I thought. When it came time to study for the Chapter 2 test, she "forgot" to bring her book home the night before. Thankfully, I empty her book bag immediately after she gets off the bus and noticed it wasn't in there. We jumped in the van and went to the school to get it. While we were there, her teacher informed me that she didn't want to bring it home because her "Mother would make her study for an hour." Hmm...forgot? I. Don't. Think. So!

Moving right along. It was now time to study for Chapter 3 and she fussed a little but played along with my quizzing. I was a little concerned because this chapter was much larger than the first two and so much more information. It was on so many different American Indians and how they were different from each other and their types of government and their culture and how they survived and on and on and on...WHEW....I got confused and couldn't keep them straight!

Well. She brought the five page test home on Friday and received 100% on it! Her teacher had written "FANTASTIC" across the front of it. I was so proud and gave her a high five, good job, big hug and so on!

However, it wasn't until yesterday that I found out that the overall class had a very difficult time with this test. In fact, 5 of her classmates failed it. Wow! My baby really did do great!

Let's just hope she keeps it up because she informed me over the weekend that she wants to go to college for as many years as you can! Please Lord, send some scholarships our way!

Have Fun! Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

High five to Allison, what a great job, keep up the good work. ou have GREAT parents!!!!!!!Love You!!

Grandma Sandy said...

Allison sorry comment was to say,Grandma Sandy said.....and you have GREAT parents.

That Girl said...

great job! (love your new header)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails