Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On The Mend!

Hey Everyone!

I've had some inquiries about how I'm doing after that medical thing so I thought I would stop by and give a mini update.

I had my surgery on the 15th. It was going as the Dr. planned and then there was a...let's just say a speed bump in the final stretch. It wasn't one of those speed bumps that you slow down a little and glide over. No, of course not! Nothing ever goes easy or normal for me! It was one of those speed bumps that you think is a big one so you slow down cause you know you are going to hit it hard....but then when you actually reach the speed bump, it ends up being bigger than you thought. You know...one of those REALLY big ones that you hit REALLY hard and scrape bottom. Ya! One of those! Yup, we scraped bottom...well not literally but metaphorically. You get the picture, right?

Well. Thank goodness for narcotics. Wow. Did I just say that? Actually, I'm quite proud. I only took three. Two the first day and one the next morning...mostly so I didn't scare Allison by being in so much pain. Since then I have been managing my pain with good old ibuprofen. I have my good days and bad. I've been to the Dr.'s office 3 times since then and he says I'm recovering well. I see him one last time tomorrow morning before he's out until the new year. I'll have his beeper number but please pray I'm not going to need it!

Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns! My friends and blog readers are the best!

Have Fun! Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails