Saturday, December 15, 2012

Blessed!

Due to being busy the last three days, I've missed posting. I had planned to catch up today and post some more fun stuff about Christmas.

However, due to yesterday's senseless killing of 26 innocent children and educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, I don't feel much like talking about Christmas today.

I am going through a mixture of emotions today.  I imagine all of you, especially parents, out there are going through the same thing.

As much as we try to make sense of what happens, I believe that sometimes we will never have answers.

I believe this is one of those times.

So where does this leave us?

I'm not sure.

For me, praying gets me through. I'll continue to pray for all those affected by this horrible tragedy. Please join me in praying for strength and support for the families of Newtown, Connecticut during this unimaginable time in their lives.

Thank you.

I'm sure you are wondering why I chose "Blessed" for the title of this bog entry. I know you are thinking that blessed is far from what the families in Connecticut are feeling right now.

Remember I said earlier that I was going through a mixture of emotions. Blessed is the emotion I am going to hang on to at this time to help me deal with what happened as I continue to pray for the families.

This is what I wrote for my status update on Facebook this morning:

"I'm sitting here sipping my tea, perusing fb while listening to a sick little girl trying to breathe in her sleep. As much as taking care of a sick child was not on my to-do list today, I am blessed.

I am so sad and my heart breaks for those that are waking up today without their children. Sad for those whose are planning their child's funeral. Sad for those parents who have to find some way to get through today and every day after.

Yes. I am blessed because not only do I get to take care of my sick child but I get to hug her, kiss her, laugh with her, watch her grow and see her open her presents on Christmas morning."


Two nights ago, I saw Martina McBride's Christmas concert. In the middle of the concert she sang several of her non-Christmas songs. She said that her hope would be that through her music and songs, it would help, inspire or give us strength. Who would have known the very next day, I would refer back to one of those songs to help me get through. 

The song is "Blessed." Please count your blessings and not take your children or loved ones for granted.

It can all end way too soon.


God Bless!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails