Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Thank You from My Girl Scout!


 I like to include a little "Thank You" to our Girl Scout cookie customers when we deliver our cookies.

I've done this in the past but wanted to do something different this year.

I came up with 3 ideas and this is the one I used this year.

They were not that difficult to make and I was happy about that since I had 59 to make! It took me almost 2 hours once I had my supplies and got the hang of it.

If you are interested in making your own, here is the supply list and the tricks I found that made life easier.

  • Photo - I bought the popcorn bucket at The Dollar Tree for ...um...$1.00 and filled it with popcorn. I inverted a bowl inside of it so I didn't have to pop a lot of popcorn. Two bags worked perfectly and I did it on movie night so my family had their popcorn. I have Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10 edition, which I used to alter the picture.
  • Packs of Popcorn - found at Sam's Club.
  • Ribbon - I have curling ribbon in every color by the big spool. It's so much cheaper when it's on sale than buying little rolls all the time.
  • Scotch Tape - I put tape on the corner where I hole punched the cellophane wrapper since the cellophane wrapper tore when I tried to whole punch it by itself. I took one piece of tape and folded over the edge so it was double thickness.
  • Hole Punch - see above.
  • Scissors - for curling ribbon.
All I did was create myself an assembly line. Here are my steps:
  1. Hole punch all the pictures. 
  2. Put a piece of tape on the corner of all of the packs of popcorn.
  3. Hole punch all the popcorn (just shake the popcorn pack down inside the cellophane wrapper so you don't hole punch the popcorn.)
  4. Cut pieces of curling ribbon in 12" lengths.
  5. Put the picture and packet of popcorn back to back.
  6. Connect with a piece of ribbon.
  7. Curl ribbon with scissors.
 

After I had all of them made, I laid them on top of each order of cookies and added more curling ribbon to hold everything together. I did this for the cookies I sold but Curtis just took the cases of cookies he sold to work and gave a popcorn pack out to each of his customers. This is why I wanted them attached in the corner.
As you can see in the picture, I also added a little white tag with the customer's name on it and either the amount they owe or the word "paid" on it so we knew who we had to collect from.

Have Fun!


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails